'DWTS' video shows Christie Brinkley breaking arm, before daughter wows as fill-in dancer

Spoiler alert: This story contains details from Monday's Season 28 premiere of "Dancing With the Stars."

"Dancing With the Stars" began Monday with an unfortunate revelation – 65-year-old supermodel Christie Brinkley had broken her arm in rehearsals – but closed with a triumphant response, as daughter Sailor Brinkley-Cook turned in an impressive performance subbing for her mom.

Brinkley's introduction showed her being paired with pro Valentin Chmerkovskiy, with the two practicing their first dance to "Uptown Girl," the 1983 hit by ex-husband Billy Joel that featured Brinkley in the music video.

An ABC video clip showed the two rehearsing five days before Monday's premiere when Brinkley stumbled against her partner's foot and fell to the floor, breaking her arm.

"My arm! My arm! My arm!" a grimacing Brinkley kept repeating, as Chmerkovskiy provided support. "I think I broke my arm, I swear to God."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Definition List